I have seen many lists in response to recent events in the U.S.
Some highlight accounts/voices, to amplify Black voices.
Others share mental health resources for the Black community.
Lists also share educational tools (books, movies, shows, podcasts) to help educate people on topics related to racism.
Below, I have gathered several of the lists to put them all in one place. I hope this is helpful to someone!
Mental Health Resources for Black Community:
The first resource is a multi-page, really comprehensive resource!
- “Resources for Black Healing” PDF:
- A compilation of resources including mental health resources, self-care and healing tips, information on racial trauma, and informative articles. Gathered by Micalah Webster, MSW/MHSA.
- The Mighty Site: article lists resources:
- Includes resources for free therapy, how to find a therapist of color, apps, and local mental health resources.
- Check out free therapy resources:
- Coping with Race-Related Stress
Instagram Accounts to Follow:
Resources & accounts to check out:
List of Black Therapists on Instagram
Mental Health America’s List of Accounts to Follow for BIPOC Mental Health:
WOC Based Mental Health Resources
- Events and resources
- Mental health resources for 1st and 2nd generation immigrants
- Tips, support, and info
- Mental health resources & supportive messages
- WOC driven mental health community
Convos with Kids:
CNN/Sesame Street Town Hall on Racism
Are your kids too young to talk about race? Nope.
Racism Awareness Resources for Kids (Books/Movies/TV Shows)
NYT List of Kid’s Books on Racism: “These Books Can Help You Explain Racism and Protest to Your Kids”- Divided by Age Categories
Book & Additional Recommendations:
Antiracism Book Recommendations
Books/Podcasts/Movies/TV Shows/Instagram Accounts/Donation Suggestions
Recommendations for Viewing:
5 Netflix Series to Watch to Educate Yourself on Black Oppression:
- Explained: The Racial Wealth Gap
- Time: The Kalief Browder Story
- When They See Us
- Who Killed Malcolm X?
More Netflix Suggestions:
- Dear White People
- Fruitvale Station
- Seven Seconds
- Self Made: Inspired by the Life of Madam C. J. Walker
- LA 92
- Anne with an E
- She’s Gotta Have It
- 12 Years a Slave
- The Innocence Files
- Training Day
- American Son
- Trigger Warning with Killer Mike
- Coach Carter
- Black Lightening
- All American
- Family Reunion
- OITNB- Season 4 & 5
- Trial by Media- Episode 2 & 3
- Mindhunter- Season 2
- Patriot Act- Season 4 Episode 6
- 100 Humans- Episode 4
Amazon Prime/YouTube/Google Play:
- Freedom Writers
- Get Out
- Django Unchained
- I Am Not Your Negro
- The Hate U Give
- Hidden Figures
- The Green Book
- If Beale Could Talk
- Just Mercy
“If you are in crisis, text MHA to 741741 to connect with a Crisis Counselor 24/7. Warmlines across the nation are also available if you aren’t in crisis and just need someone to talk to. Visit mhanational.org/warmlines to find a warmline near you.” -MHA
2 thoughts on “BLM: Mental Health & Educational Resources List”
Wow, this is great. I don’t really use instagram so I’m going to see if some of these exist on Twitter too!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Most of the accounts I follow on Instagram are mental health/therapy/psychology-related. There are some great resources!